Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Das Wettringer Modellbauforum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Dienstag, 4. September 2007, 20:50

Scania R144 NA 6X4 Dump Truck (Tipper)

Hello again!

This is another project I have been working with. I wanted to build a Scania Construction vehicle and when I got hold of the Italeri model No 783 “US Heavy Dump Truck” I decided to use parts from that model and combine it with the Italeri No 3805 Scania Millenium Truck in order to build a heavy looking 6X4 Scania Dump Truck. I decided to cut the Topline roof so I only use the top part of it in order to make a CR19 Cab out of it. Below are a few pictures from the start of this project.

Donnerstag, 6. September 2007, 20:19

Hello again!

I am adding a few more pictures where the frame and chassis are starting to be built. In order to make it quite simple I am using the rear end of the frame from the US Heavy Dump model and the front end from the Scania Millenium Model. I am however using Scanias frame width of the chassis so I had to cut the length of the cross members of the US model (Scania has a quite narrow frame width compared to other truck brands). The rear axles are also from the US model. Since I had made the frame narrower in the rear, the attachment points for the rear axles needed to be adjusted a little bit.

Best regards
Håkan

Donnerstag, 6. September 2007, 20:56

hi hakan,

very good idea !

greetings
snake :wink:

Freitag, 7. September 2007, 21:28

looks good
:ok:

Samstag, 8. September 2007, 20:18

:wink: hej hakan.
tippbil=en god ide!! jag talare inte svenska, but i like the country the people and SCANIA!! your other scania, the white and red 6x2 was graet!! i´m waiting and i hope i can see pictures from the finished timper truck.
hej da, sven
Grollende V8 Grüße aus Nürnberg

Sonntag, 9. September 2007, 13:12

Hello model friends!

Here are a few more pictures of the chassis after it was painted. More will follow soon…

Best regards
Håkan

Montag, 10. September 2007, 12:58

Hello again!

Here are a few more pictures of the chassis when doing test assembly of the wheels and the rear mudguards. I decided to use the rear mudguards from the Scania Millenium model but I cut off the top part of them and by doing that I could use a front and rear part. In that way I only needed one mudguard for each side to “cover” all four rear tyres. Also this type of mudguards is common on construction vehicles. More pictures to come soon……

Best regards
Håkan

Montag, 10. September 2007, 16:37

Hello Hakan,

nice Scania :ok: I'm looking forward the finished Truck!

Dienstag, 11. September 2007, 20:52

Hello!

Here are a few pictures showing the test assembly of the cab. More will follow soon….

Best regards
Håkan

Donnerstag, 13. September 2007, 21:49

Hi Hakan!

It looks very beautiful up to now, i can´t wit to see it finished SCANIA! :ok:
Grüße, Thomas :wink:
Und nicht vergessen: :schrei:US-Trucks forever!

Mittwoch, 19. September 2007, 19:30

Hello again!

Here are a few more pictures from the test assembly. I have not started to glue anything yet at this stage I just test assembled in order to get an idea of what the result would be like.

Best regards
Håkan

Sonntag, 23. September 2007, 22:29

Hello again!

After the test assembly it was time to continue with the building. Here are a few pictures from the progress of this project. More will come within shortly.

Best regards
Håkan

Mittwoch, 26. September 2007, 21:37

Hello!

I added some lights and an antenna on the roof on the truck. Next step will be to attach the dump body.

Best regards
Håkan

Donnerstag, 27. September 2007, 20:48

Hello!

Here are a few pictures after the dump body was attached. I am not completely pleased with how the front axle and the front wheels looks like. The front axle is too narrow so the front wheels are located too far in under the fenders.
I am working on replacing the front axle and also exchange the front wheels to others that are wider. I will post more pictures regarding that soon.

Best regards
Håkan

Donnerstag, 27. September 2007, 20:56

Hello Hakan,

congratualio, it looks very nice, i like this truck, :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

Gruß Marco

Donnerstag, 27. September 2007, 22:14

It's really nice to see a truck that is not OOB. Congratulations. It looks veary nice. About the tyres, I would first chek in realyti, if they have super single tyres in front, or do they have noraml tyres like yours.

Keep on and keep us up to date :ok: :ok:

:wink:
Bauberichte=>Kenworth heavy + tank trailer
Bildergalerie=>Revell Peterbilt Alaskan Hauler + Heavy Gravel Trailer
Bildergalerie=>Revell Bussing + Hanomag trailer
Dioramenbau=>Display case for trucks in 1/24

Samstag, 29. September 2007, 19:56

Hello !

Here I am testing with super single front tyre.

I decided to use such front tyres but I also decided to exchange the front axle to the one from the US Heavy Dump truck model. When fitting the front axle I also put distances between the axle and the chassis so the front end would be higher.

Regarding the front rims I wanted to have longer and bigger wheel bolts. I decided to create these all by myself instead of buying from example KFS in order to save some money. Here you can see how I did.
First the original front rim.

Here are the modified ones.

Here is the result after painting. As “wheel bolts” I used short sections of the pin from an ordinary cotton stick for your ears (Topz) ;)

Here is a test assembly but still with the original front axle.

More will follow soon.

Best regards
Håkan

Sonntag, 30. September 2007, 08:03

Hi Hakan

The truck looks very fine, congratulations :ok: :ok: :ok:

greets
Georg :wink:
Hauptprojekt:
"Iveco Turbostar eines Schaustellerbetriebes" zu Iveco Turbostar 6x4
Nebenbei:
:kaffee: Schlingmann HLF 20/16 (Revell) :kaffee:

Dienstag, 2. Oktober 2007, 13:37

Hello again!

Here are a few pictures when the front axle is exchanged as well. Now there is a bigger clearance between the front wheels and the fenders.

I also decided to use some decals on the cab. I thought about what to use for some time but finally I decided to use the decals from the Italeri model No 3829 “Scania R500 V8” which I modified a bit in order to fit to the CR19 cab. More pictures will follow soon.

Best regards
Håkan

Holger112

unregistriert

Dienstag, 2. Oktober 2007, 13:48

Hallo,

WOW der sieht aber super aus der Scania.

Auch die ´Farbzusammenstellung steht Ihm gut :ok: :ok:

Gruß
Holger
:wink:

Mittwoch, 10. Oktober 2007, 21:09

Hello model friends !

Here are a few more pictures showing the cab with the decals. On the right hand side of the chassis I am working with adding some more air tanks, that’s why the chassis looks a bit empty at the moment on that side. More pictures will follow soon.

Best regards
Håkan

Samstag, 20. Oktober 2007, 19:37

Hello again truck model friends!

I decided to add a couple of more air tanks and also some chromed foot steps on the right hand side of the chassis since it looked a bit empty as it was from the beginning.
Here are a few pictures of how it looked like after this modification.

Best regards
Håkan

Sonntag, 28. Oktober 2007, 13:29

Hello !

Here are finally some pictures of the finished model !

Best regards
Håkan

Werbung