Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Das Wettringer Modellbauforum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Montag, 24. März 2008, 23:00

CSAD Volvo F12, 6x2 SZM, Revell/Italeri

Hello gentlemen,

I hope you do not mind me writing english in here because my german is really bad so I hope you can get more from my english.

I am now working on a model which should be published in one of czech model magazine and I should keep all the photos for myself until the model is ready and finished...so browsing the pages of this forum, I still would like to show you the work I have done.

Let me show you few progress pictures of my F12 Volvo that is already finished and was to see in Jabbeke 2007 and on my website (www.liaznavzdy.cz/nedtrans ) as well.

I used a 1/25 scale F12 6x4 Globetrotter to be completed with 1/24 tanker trailer from Italeri.

The original truck comes from former state owned CSAD company, est. in 1949 and operating until early 90's when it was cut into pieces and sold to private hands. Their F12s looked like this:

Unfortunately, I had no pictures of the real truck when I was working on it. Now I have much more info about what those trucks looked like but I think that my model is still very accurate.

The chassis was modified as the original truck was tag axle 6x2 tractor. I used Scania 2nd series leaf springs as those parts were quite similar on real vehicles.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »nedlloyd« (24. März 2008, 23:22)

Montag, 24. März 2008, 23:08

RE: CSAD Volvo F12, 6x2 SZM, Revell/Italeri

The work was comming along in a very pleasant was as the Revell kit is very user-friendly one. I just did not like the original trilex wheels that do not meet the original on real truck so I used some old Italeri rims and a combination of plastic and vinyl tyres.

The rear axle was modified to be lifted on the model..

The interior didnt need any modification.

The cab was fitted with scratch low roof

Montag, 24. März 2008, 23:13

The grille mesh was modified into a see-trough version...which was a bit tricky job

A clean model...before a bit of weathering...

The driver's door was glued in an opened position as well as the toolbox on the same side of the cab..

The chassis after a fine flat-lacquer filter

Completed tractor:

..posing with a trailer that fits another model from my collection...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »nedlloyd« (24. März 2008, 23:19)

Dienstag, 25. März 2008, 07:06

Hello Jan :wink: ,

your Volov looks really great :ok: :ok: :ok: . Good job.

Gruß
Peter

Dienstag, 25. März 2008, 14:55

Hi Jan!

Well, I always have known, it would only be a question of time until you show your Volvo here in this forum. It is indeed a masterpiece with all its details. :ok:
I hope you will show more of your models from time to time!

Greetings!
Michael

Dienstag, 25. März 2008, 17:10

Hi TurboStar,

I am glad you like my Volvo :wink:

Hello Michael,

I will try and present here some of my models when the right time comes. Do not exaggerate my F12 model, its just one of many nice models being made by many modellers, I personally really like YOUR trucks, the LB Scania is a one big piece of master paintjob!

:ok: I will show you something thats on my workbench, just check your mailbox :wink:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »nedlloyd« (25. März 2008, 17:12)

Mittwoch, 2. April 2008, 11:41

Hello!

A very good looking Volvo you have there!

How did you manage to open up the grill?

Mittwoch, 2. April 2008, 20:07

hi Jan!

i really like your Volvo, it looks very used with it´s weathering! :ok:
want to see more modells of you!

:respekt: , :respekt: , :respekt:
Grüße, Thomas :wink:
Und nicht vergessen: :schrei:US-Trucks forever!

Mittwoch, 2. April 2008, 20:10

hello jan
this modell looks very great :ok: :ok:. the weathering have you made looks very nice :ok: :ok:. nice job :ok:
gruß danny :wink: :wink:

Samstag, 5. April 2008, 21:27

Hi guys, I am glad you like my Volvo..

Dennis, it was easier than it seems... I just put the part (rear side down) on a rough sanding paper and pushed the part down while sliding it on the paper until the part's thickness was as low as possible...at that moment, just the relief remained and that was it... understand?

Samstag, 5. April 2008, 22:08

Hallo Jan,

Super!!! Very nice job!!!! :ok: :ok: :ok:

Gábor :wink:

Werbung