Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Im Bau: Volvo FH 16 6x2

Dienstag, 27. November 2007, 08:46

Volvo FH 16 6x2

Hallo, I want to show you the short building process of my most advanced model - Volvo FH16. As you all know to make this truck properly, you must rebuild almost everything. I have started with the engine. At first I mounted the old engine from the box (which is rather suitable for F12/16). Then I've removed uneccessary parts, used the putty and finally the engine started to resemble D16E which I wanted to build. I had to rebuild the cooler as well. I used the cooler from the box and upgraded it with the netting from MB Actros MPII grill netting.

The cooler:

The engine in early stage:

Later I have added some turbocharger (rebuilt), filters (rebuilt), wiring etc. I have also modified the gearbox. After that the engine with the cooler looked as in the pictures:

At first I wanted to put such engine next to the model in the showcase, but the I,ve decided to putit in the truck. Therefore I had to repaint it to look like normal engine not the demonstration one. At the end it looked as follows:

Realname: Pascal

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 28. November 2007, 03:43

Hello Piotr,

Looks verry interesting. i will follow the rest of your project.

Greetings from Holland

Pascal

Freitag, 30. November 2007, 20:19

RE: Volvo FH 16 6x2

The next stage was framing and axles. The truck is to be 6x2. I had to prolong the serial framing, change the rear suspension to make it fitted with air cussions (I've used the rear DAF suspension and modified it to look like the one from Volvo), create the second steerable pusher axle (made of front Volvo suspension), change the fuel tank and make it fit together. This is the step by step relation of works done:
1. Prolonged framing with two axles:

2. The framing with three axles:

3. Ready base painted framing:

4. Framing with engine, wheels (frot super single), AdBlue tank, and installations:

5. Fuel tank and air filter added:

Freitag, 30. November 2007, 22:02

wow, nice work.
i will follow the rest of your project.

Freitag, 30. November 2007, 22:59

The next was cockpit and open door. First of all the cockpit was from the old FH version, so it should be corrected. I just lowerized the engin tunnel, made some extra works on the forepart (added telephone speaker, some Cola can, the Dyna Fleet display and chrome slat and the sleeping bag with some papers). I had to rebuild the seats based on the DAF seats. After all waork was done, the cockpit looked like on the last photo.

1. The floor with lowerized tunnel:

2. The initial stage of cockpit:

3. The final stage:

4.The open door building progress:

Realname: Johnny

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 1. Dezember 2007, 00:09

Very nice..I like this!! :)
The engine and interior looks great!!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »X-trucker« (1. Dezember 2007, 00:10)

Samstag, 1. Dezember 2007, 10:46

Great work, I love what you did to the engine!! Very good pictures pictures aswell. Can't wait to see more.

André :ok:
Keep on ModelTrucking

Samstag, 1. Dezember 2007, 13:49

Hallo,
Thanks for nice comments, let's go ahead. The cabin. The first thing I did was cutting off the driver's door, which had been done in the first place. Then the cabin looked as in the picture:

Next I had to correct the front bumper (the differnce is the lower grill) and finish it totally:

After that I did the upper grill, the sunscreen and finally painted the cabin, first the grounder, then red, black and clear:

Afterwards I have inserted the cockpit and mounted some details:

Inside I have done the CBR wire and flat screen TV. Moreover I had to make the cabin steps, that are hidden behind the door. Since my door are to be open, the I had to do something about it. I have used the steps from previous edition of Volvo (FH12 Eddie Stobart). Then the whole cabin looked as in the last photo.

Realname: Johnny

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 1. Dezember 2007, 14:36

Incredible cool !!

Sonntag, 2. Dezember 2007, 16:12

Hi Grodzio!

I can´t stop looking at it, it´s so beautiful with all that things and details inside and outside of the cabin! :ok:, :ok:, :ok:
:respekt:
Grüße, Thomas :wink:
Und nicht vergessen: :schrei:US-Trucks forever!

Sonntag, 2. Dezember 2007, 17:25

Fantastic paintjob !!!! And very real looking interior. Love the thin chrome trim on the cab. Can't wiat to see the cab on the chassis :ok:

André
Keep on ModelTrucking

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »André de Vries« (2. Dezember 2007, 17:25)

Sonntag, 2. Dezember 2007, 21:37

Thanks for nice comments. The cabin on the chasis, but not finished yet.

Dienstag, 11. Dezember 2007, 14:07

Great work i like that how did you make the door angels???

Greets David
Respekt the Oldschool 8)

Dream of Swedish Perfektion =D

Dienstag, 11. Dezember 2007, 19:46

Hello Piotr,

This truck looks great. Especially the paint work.
I'm exited to see the finished modell.

Grtz,

Egbert

Mittwoch, 12. Dezember 2007, 21:58

Hello, many thanks for your nice comments.
The door angles are made of bent plastic. They are fixed.
The finished model looks like this:

The model is already finished.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Grodzio« (12. Dezember 2007, 23:06)

Werbung