Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Mittwoch, 14. November 2007, 21:32

Scania P380 4X2 Fire Ladder

Hello!

I have started a new project this autumn. It all started when I saw the local fire ladder truck here in Södertälje where I live. Here are a couple of pics of it:

In my opinon it is a very cool looking fire ladder truck and a perfect source of inspiration!

I knew that Italeri have made a fire ladder truck but only as Volvo F6 (or IVECO Magirus).

In order to convert it into a Scania with P-cab and low roof I decided to use the cab from an EMEK 6X4 tipper truck.

I decided to build the chassis ”straight out of the box” since it would make it a lot easier with the fire ladder body build.

The first step was just to “try” the cab on the frame in order to get an idea of how much modification to the cab that was needed.

More will follow soon….

Until then take care!

Best regards
Håkan

Mittwoch, 14. November 2007, 21:46

Hello.
Wow, its a great projekt, but why do you destroy this great and I think old model kit? I had never seen the this model before. Do you know where can I buy this kit? I like these old trucks.

Greetings,
Gunnar

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »leopardgecko« (14. November 2007, 21:47)

Mittwoch, 14. November 2007, 21:56

Hello Gunnar!

Italeri have actually starting to produce the Iveco Magirus version of this model (No. 3784) again so you can buy it brand new if you want. Otherwise you can find them at eBay for example. It is not hard to find this specific model today.

Best regards
Håkan

Mittwoch, 14. November 2007, 22:43

Hello,
Yes I know that I can buy it, but its only the Iveco. Where can I find or buy this Volvo Fire Ladder Truck? Or are in the Iveco kit the Decals of the Volvo too?

Greetings,
Gunnar

Realname: Pascal

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 14. November 2007, 23:29

Hallo Hakan,

Das wird bestimmt ein hammer teil.
Wird das ganze mal im auge behalten.

Mfg Pascal

Donnerstag, 15. November 2007, 00:01

nice project, I'm very interested as I also like combine italeri and emek parts.
PS
I'm interested for Volvo parts in fireladder kit, I think that only change front grille. Would you sell this parts to me?
regards
Borut

Donnerstag, 15. November 2007, 12:22

Hello!

I checked the differences between the Iveco and Volvo version of this kit and it seems like the only difference is the front grille, front bumper and the decals (there are no Volvo decals in the Iveco kit and vice versa). I still have those parts from the Volvo version so yes I can sell them if you want that’s no problem. If you are interested send me an email and I can send you some pictures of the parts first.

Best regards
Håkan

Donnerstag, 15. November 2007, 12:30

Hello again!

It is time to continue with some more information and pictures of the Scania fire ladder project.
The next step was to dismount the cab completely. As shown in the picture below there are a lot of plastic in the lower part of the cab in the EMEK model…….

It was a lot of sawing that needed to be done……

Now it will soon start to look like something useful….

After some measuring it was clear that the front axle had to be moved 11mm to the front. When I moved the rear bracket for the leaf spring to the front as much as possible it was exactly 11mm! So it turned out to be a very easy and quick thing to do! :smilie: :ok:

Some parts of the EMEK cab has very poor detail level such as the foot steps for example.
I had to drill some holes in them in order to make them look more realistic.

Other parts however are very good, I am very pleased with the moulding of the cab for example. In my opinion it is at least as good as Italeri.

Next ”big” operation in this project will be the engine. The engine from the Italeri model is a V6 and thats just impossible to use in a Scania :smilie:
After some thinking I decided to ”convert” the V6 into a straight 5 cylinder engine. So it was time to use the saw a lot once more!!

To be continued…

Best regards
Håkan

Donnerstag, 15. November 2007, 13:40

Wouw, that's looks very very nice. Respect :ok: :ok: :ok:

Stephan

Donnerstag, 15. November 2007, 14:26

RE: Scania P380 4X2 Fire Ladder

Hi,
I like this kind of Truck so much. I have a Question on you, do you
sell the original Volvo- Cab on me ? I am looking so many years for it,
and I need only the complete cab with the glas, interieur grill and the bumper.

Please send me your answer and the price, if you will get it to me

Thank you Marquito :hand:

Freitag, 16. November 2007, 11:23

Hello again!

It is time for a new update, this time it is completely dedicated to the engine build.

This is the original engine:

As shown it was a lot of sawing that needed to be done before the original V6 became a straight 5cylinder Scania engine. :smilie:

To be continued…..

Best regards
Håkan

Freitag, 16. November 2007, 13:00

Hello Hakan

WOW, great projekt, go on working!!

Greetings
Georg :wink:
Hauptprojekt:
"Iveco Turbostar eines Schaustellerbetriebes" zu Iveco Turbostar 6x4
Nebenbei:
:kaffee: Schlingmann HLF 20/16 (Revell) :kaffee:

Realname: Michael

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 16. November 2007, 16:14

Hello Hakan,

looks great. One question the original truck has got seperate windows in the rear. Are you trying to cut them out, or will you leave the cabin without any further modification? Another question, how fits the ladder itself in relation to the height of the cabin?

CU
Michael
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is, that none of it has tried to contact us.

Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Freitag, 16. November 2007, 16:28

Hello Michael,

I will leave the cab without any further modification of the rear windows.
The cab height in relation to the original ladder is no problem at all, it fits perfectly ! :)

Best regards
Håkan

Samstag, 17. November 2007, 14:16

Hello!

The project is running as planned, this time the engine is tried in the chassis. I made my own airfilter of some old parts I had. I think the air filter box is from a Mercedes truck originally but I am not completely sure…
The radiator comes from a BMW motorcycle model !

I could not resist the temptation of trying the fire ladder body build on the chassis before the paint job in order to get a feeling about how the “look” will be:

Next step will be painting!

Stay tuned for next update….

Best regards
Håkan

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hakan F« (17. November 2007, 14:17)

Montag, 19. November 2007, 11:21

Hello again!

Here are a few more pictures of the Scania P-series fire ladder project, this time after painting:

To be continued….

Best regards
Håkan

Dienstag, 20. November 2007, 12:36

Hello again!

It is time for a new update with some more pictures of this project.

Truck:

Body build:

To be continued!

Best regards
Håkan

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hakan F« (20. November 2007, 21:58)

Freitag, 23. November 2007, 14:13

Hello again!

This is the way the truck could have looked like when it left the Scania factory, except the licence plate and the fact that it has a “Volvo” chassis of course ;)

Here are a few pictures of the body build and the complete truck at this stage of the project:

To be continued…..

Med vänlig hälsning
Håkan

Freitag, 23. November 2007, 21:37

hi hakan,

very good job so far.
it looks fantastic ! i like the chrome rims.

snake

Samstag, 24. November 2007, 11:43

Very nice job, and very interesting for me, especialy because I also build combination between emek and italeri, MAN TGA LX, but I will like to make tilt cab.
Ah, and one correction, on italeri fire ladder kit is not volvo chassis, it is iveco chassis and iveco engine, for all 4 truck, magirus, volvo, renault and daf.

PS
I still wait your answer for volvo parts
borut

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »sviz2000« (24. November 2007, 11:44)

Dienstag, 27. November 2007, 19:13

Hello again!

Here are now the last building pictures of this project. This was the first time for me to combine EMEK with Italeri but it actually turned out to be easier than expected. The biggest challenge in the project was the engine build but it was also the most enjoyable part since it was all done by improvisation.
So here are the last pictures:

More pictures of the finished model will follow under Bildergalerie.

Best regards
Håkan

Mittwoch, 28. November 2007, 23:38

sieht zwar gut aus aber das original schaut schon ein wenig anders aus!

Mfg Adrian

Donnerstag, 29. November 2007, 14:17

Hello Hakan,

you did a very good job :ok: Your Truck looks great!

Werbung