Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Das Wettringer Modellbauforum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

• »Aare« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Realname: Aare

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 1. Dezember 2013, 15:37

SCANIA R730 8x4*4 Highline

Hello, guys! I am another modeltruckbuilder from Estonia and I got invitation from Raiko, who is already a user here, as You all know :)

Anyway, I thought I shall start my topic here also, since it seems that it's quite active forum here.

So, the truck I'm building right now, is a 4-axle Scania R730 Highline with Mulitilift-system.

Basic kit is also a 730, but in "Griffin" configuration, but I have ordered some stuff from KFS in England to make it the way I like it.

What exactly? I have ordered couple of axles with frame extension, rear wings, Highline cab conversion and, rear mud flap, some lights and of course evergreen sheets to create my own stuff.

I have to admit that it takes pretty long time, since I'm not always home (most of my time I'm driving in Sweden-Norway).

What comes to the plans in the future (and things I'm working wiht now)- I will change door covers at the inside, steering wheel, seats (I can't even imagine that R730 has those from 4.series Scania), there will be stainless steel pipes behind the cabin, wide sun visor and of course as many things that possible, but nothing to make that look "overtuned".

Stay tuned...

First at all, I'll show You the type of a truck, that it should look- of course not exactly the same, but at least in the same mod.

Some time ago I was there with my stuff.

I'll make some more pics, maybe tomorrow, about present situation.
Scania V8-freak

Sonntag, 1. Dezember 2013, 16:09

Intresting real Truck. Good luck with Model.
Es Grüßt Anatoliy aus Rußland!

Das Orangekreuzfahne (OKF). Trotz Alledem!

Sonntag, 1. Dezember 2013, 19:18

Hello Aare,

welcome to the club! You chose an interesting truck for your project. I'm looking forward to watching you, building the model with all that special stuff.

Best Greetings
Henning
Kritik ist Lob an jemandem, dem man mehr zutraut

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 1. Dezember 2013, 19:54

Thanks, guys, I'll do my best to have it as cool as possible :) Maybe You know that in Sweden, which is a paradise for me as a truck driver, most of the things are different, and that goes to everything about trucks- lights, design, length, weight, height etc. And that's the reason, why it's a paradise- almost everithing is allowed :D
What comes to my model- maybe next picture would describe a little bit better, how it would be- its not just a dumper-truck :)

With best regards, Aare

Scania V8-freak

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 3. Dezember 2013, 19:46

Weeelll... As I have promised to show You, guys, some pics. I decided to make couple of "teasers" to show, how it should look later- it's a little bit different from "mpiu"-s MB Abrollkipper (I prefer swedish word "lastväxlare" :)). To describe- I said that I bought Highline cab conversion from KFS, but eventually I decided to modify the original Topline cab to Highline myself, some stuff at the back etc. Oil tank is already made earlier, but I think it won't be the same eventually, anyway.

Anyway, it's faaaaaaaar from being ready, but at least You, guys will get some idea about the next flagship of my collection :)

So... here it is.

EDITED by 4.12.2013- new doorcovers, steering wheel and seats, all modified from 4.series details.

Scania V8-freak

Mittwoch, 4. Dezember 2013, 16:47

Hello fellow.

Glad to see you here for presenting your handwork. I must admit, that general impression is pretty good, especially the door panels. Seats are more like some 80´s Saab or Volvo´s, but not disturbing at all. The sun visor is a fly in the honey pot. To me it seems too massive, material is too thick and the visor itself is too far from the cabin. Maybe if you will paint the visor, things change, but i doubt it. Lifting system seems very good too.

Good luck and we will wait new pictures ;)

Raiko.
"ESTLAND"

"Through difficulties to the stars"

Mittwoch, 4. Dezember 2013, 16:52

Hey Aare

realy impressive Truck you build there :ok: :ok: :ok:

Nice Details.

Best regards
David
Respekt the Oldschool 8)

Dream of Swedish Perfektion =D

Mittwoch, 4. Dezember 2013, 17:12

nice.. :ok: :ok:

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 4. Dezember 2013, 18:29

Thanks, guys! What comes to Raiko- of course we could write in Estonian, but that's not the place, so of course in English :)

What comes to seats- my vision was to follow Scania's original seats. And what comes to sun visor- it has absolutely the same dimensions as my Topline, but the problem, why it seems too massive and too thick- cabin is dark and sun visor is light, and lighter things always seem bigger. And why it seems too far from the cab- the upper part of normal and Highline cabin is not straight as it is on Topline- the front "wall" of a Topline is going first little bit further ahead from windscreen and then it's going straight up, so it's almost on top of the sun visor. On normal and Highline it's bending rearwards, therefore the upper part of those original sun visors are with the different angle. But I think I have a solution for that- probably there will be a "lightbox" or whatever You call it :) Of course as You can imagine and as I have told- it's far from being ready :)

You can compare front wall to the windscreen of a Topline...

And Highline...

Scania V8-freak

Donnerstag, 5. Dezember 2013, 01:03

Yes i know those cabin differences :) but very well, i´m not here for argue, your truck, your build ;)
"ESTLAND"

"Through difficulties to the stars"

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 5. Dezember 2013, 09:21

I would say that we'll see, how the final result is going to turn out, I would like to know that also, because as much I know myself- everything can change more than one time :D
Scania V8-freak

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 2. Januar 2014, 12:30

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYBODY! :)

First of all- since I'm not home every evening and now I have been home for only a week, takes my constructing a little time. But at least- for a change I have started and almost finished asfaltbox for a truck. I would say that the frame is ready and primed, only the box itself needs to be finished, which means that the final result is going to be with mirrorblank surface of a box and with (probably removable) cover. BTW, I have tried the load exchanger- the system works perfectly.

Anyway, couple of pics, as well :)

Scania V8-freak

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 11. April 2014, 21:36

Hi, guys, over a long time! I'm sorry I haven't written for a long time, since that's not the only thing to do- I'm more at work than home, and when I'm home, I build my hobbycar as well (this Scania is not the only project :D). Anyway, of course it's still far from the end and unfortunately it will be at stand by for the next month- man's gotta work sometimes, too :D

Maybe I felt a little motivation crisis, too, but luckily it's gone again, because I feel pretty excited after first colour test, so I have to speed up in May :)

I have bought one more set of Highline Scania that I accidentally found from Sweden which I thought I'll use for building my present model to finish it little faster, but I cancelled this idea, because somebody has to finish this one, too :D

Of course, it's pretty tricky to have mostly self-made cab so smooth as it should be- as You know, only the front and about 2/3 of the side is original, so that means lots of work, but I think it's mostly done now :)

So, I just tested colour combination for the cab and the temporary result is here! Why temporary? As I said, have go to work tomorrow and I don't know if I have time to work with that.

But I think I'll try to make better pics of that in daylight.

So, ladies and gentleman- one teaser photo of my newest truck- Aare proudly presents- SCANIA R730 8x4*4 :)

At least I think You have a little better idea of this concept- this kind of truck, that is pretty common in Sweden :)
Scania V8-freak

Samstag, 12. April 2014, 09:20

Very nice!!

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 12. April 2014, 12:16

Thanks, Svempa!

And now- as I promised to make little better pics of my Scania- here they are :)

PS. Of course I have to say again- don't pay attention to details- at least not yet :)
Scania V8-freak

Samstag, 12. April 2014, 12:21

Hi,

top work on this truck! Great! :ok:

Best regards,

Tobi :wink:

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 12. April 2014, 16:09

Hello :wink:

this Truck is a great Job :ok: :respekt:

many Greetings Markus :wink:

Realname: Bernd

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 12. April 2014, 17:18

´Hi,

You make a great work by all the scratchbuild you do and you have my speciall respekt for that and the color is very nice, because one question must be allowed, whats about the glasses into the Cab??? maybe i'm never read it in your report...

LG Bernd
Leben beginnt dort, wo die Zeit egal ist! :wink:

Was es sonst noch von mir gibt, findet ihr << Hier >>

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 12. April 2014, 17:27

Well, thanks for the nice feedback, people :)

But my answer to Bernds question about the windows- it's still far from finished result and there is pretty much left to do- oil tank and polished exhaust pipes behind the cabin, rear lights on top of the cab and at the back of the truck, probably bullbar to the front (like on my previous model), of course interior (have to paint that etc, side windows will be tinted and with the stickers, asfalt box on the load exchanger will be blank-polished etc, etc :)

Those pics are just a teasers to create some idea, how the general look is going to be.

So, patience, my friends- after 1 month there will be lots of improvement :)

Best, regards, Aare :)
Scania V8-freak

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 12. April 2014, 17:37

Hi Aare,

ok my friend, i'm understand what you mean :D and i'll will be afreyd to see your next update.

Good luck to your hobby work :)

LG Bernd

Samstag, 12. April 2014, 21:07

Hi Aare,

I followed this project from the beginning.
Here grows a very nice Truck and i like to see that the load exchanger is workable.
Also the cabin colour, and later the black shades, is a perfect combination.
Good luck with the finishing touch and when this truck is completely done, than the outdoor pictures. ;)

Regards, Hermann. :wink:

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 15. Mai 2014, 13:57

Hi, people! As Yo see, I'm back from work again and back in action with building my hobbytuck :)

Let's say that I don't have massive things left to do anymore, maybe some paintjob with the frame and few more things.

Anyway, it seems to me that I have finished painting the cab, bumper and sideskirts- final colour is here :)

Scania V8-freak

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 17. Mai 2014, 11:21

Not very big updates, but at least something :)

Of course it doesn't mean that's all I'm doing- let's say that I'm getting closer to the end quite fast right now. The point is that I'm working with several detailes at the same time, so one of the things- the box- is almost ready, all I need to do, is to paint the rear hatch and figure out, which material should I use for the cover of that box. Otherwise- I'm pretty happy with the result, I think it should look quite realistic :D

Right now I'm working with the rear lights, so there should be some updates during the day :)
Scania V8-freak

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 17. Mai 2014, 13:45

Hi Aare,

Very good work, you do by the Truck and the box, it locks realistic. I like them. :ok:

Nice Day Bernd

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 17. Mai 2014, 14:07

Thanks, Bernd :)

As I said- there's more to come :)

So-called carrier of rear lights.

Few detailes from the front bumper.

And a "teaser" from the interior- 2 DLS Amplifiers and box for 2 subwoofers(I wish it was that easy to install them in real life :D). Subwoofers are yet under constuction.

Scania V8-freak

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 17. Mai 2014, 16:13

As I have said- now I have finally reached that level, where every updates makes diffenence and with every new detail will the look of my truck change :)

So, the latest update- mudflap at the back- one of the easiest things to add, but it changes everything at the back :)

Of course, I didn't want to put it on before the right time and that felt right now and, it really starts to feel/look like the "real Swede" :P

Scania V8-freak

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 18. Mai 2014, 22:32

First of all- I have to appologize that I didn't have time to build my truck today, but at least I made some pics, how it looks right now :)

Tomorrow, I think I'll build it really a lot, so I quess by the end of the day tomorrow You, guys will see better result again :)

So, few pics now.

Scania V8-freak

Sonntag, 18. Mai 2014, 22:42

Hey Aare,

Looks :ok: :ok: :ok:

Regards David
Respekt the Oldschool 8)

Dream of Swedish Perfektion =D

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 6. August 2015, 13:21

Hello again, guys!

I have to appologize, that there's been such a long break, but I've had few reasons for that.

It has been that way mostly because I have had a lack of time du to short terms I have been home lately.

But right now I have a little more time, since I'm home with our newborn baby and I have a plan to get this truck done during maybe one week :)

Actually I have not very much left to do, mostly little things and after that complete all the things there.

But right now- let's just say that I still want to keep a little secret of that project, so I just show couple of teasers the last things I've done.

First of them- top bar by Norwegian manufacturer Hypro with six extra lights.

And second- my previous model had a Swedish bullbar from Trux, so now I decided to do bullbar from Hypro. Of course it's not complete yet, but soon :)

Few more things left to do, so just be patient, guys :D
Scania V8-freak

DominiksBruder

unregistriert

Freitag, 7. August 2015, 08:03

Nice Corvette in the Background ;)

Your conversation looks pretty good. The paint is very shiny and you've done a clean build so far. Like it :ok:!

Werbung