Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Das Wettringer Modellbauforum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Donnerstag, 13. September 2012, 13:09

1:35th Scale Type M145 Ammunition Bunker - Atlantic Wall pernelle Battery, Lower Normandy France.

Hallo all, :wink:

As some of you may know I am constructing the 1:72 scale Scharnhorst, but some time ago I was also working on a very big project, which for the moment is put aside, as I have to finish the Scharnhorst and create enough space for the set of dioramas which I would like to complete.

The dioramas are related to a gun battery located just outside the village of Pernelle, Lower Normandy France. As a matter of fact therer were two batteries, one was called Pernelle I while the other was called Pernelle II Essen. I have done some research on both batteries, and since Trumpeter of China produced the 1:35th scale 17cm field gun, I felt that these would be in thier right place if sited in a model gun battery; so I bought four guns.

For now I am just posting some pictures related to the ammunition bunker which was planned to be constructed but, because of the D-day invasion, it was never built. The type is the M145 ammunition bunker.

It is fully scratchbuilt and constructed from 1mm thick cardboard only.

Later on I shall also be posting the history of the battery.

The basic layout of the ammunition bunker laid out on a wooden base measuring 120cm x 90cm.

A front view of the concrete building.

A side view.

A same level perspective view.

A close up, showing the presence of the wooden concrete shuttering and the round penetration at the side for the fresh air inlet.

One of the doorway entrances into the bunker.

The layout of the gaslock chambers.

A view of the gaslock at the other side. Again notice the rough finish of the concrete structure.

The plan view of the internal of the ammunition bunker, which was divided into four sections. three of which were used to house the rounds and the cordite cases, while the third section used to house the fuses for the 17cm shells and ammunition for the anti-aircraft defence guns and other weaponary. Note the 6 x square inserts in the rear wall. These were purposly made to house the air exhaust valves for the ventilation system. I also created a view window in order to be able to see the inside of the bunker, when the roof slab is in place.

View window number 1.

View window number 2.

View window number 3.

View windownumber 4.

The passage way infront of the ammunition bunker and the retaining wall.

An overall view of the progress so far.

Will be able to poost more pics this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

I hope that you will like my construction methods and finish.
Cheers.

Paul. :ahoi:

NEVER RETREAT - NEVER SURRENDER
JUST DO IT YOUR WAY AND NEVER LOOK BACK

Donnerstag, 13. September 2012, 13:35

You're... like... the master of cardboard, Paul.

May I ask what your day job is? Something like architecture, maybe?

Donnerstag, 13. September 2012, 14:31

Hallo Andreas, :pc:

I have a very nasty job.

I am employed with a building services company, and work on design of mechanical, steam, refrigeration, HVAC, ventilation, firefighting, domestic hot and cold water services, gas and compressed air systems. I also draw up the costings for the project and the bills of quantities togather with the budget price for the overall project.
Sometimes I am also project manager, or in charge of our company workforce, which includes the supervision of works, and commisioning of systems. :pc:
Cheers.

Mr. Azuma

unregistriert

Donnerstag, 13. September 2012, 15:33

Hi Paul...

Just in one word: Amazing! As far as I can see from the first shots, youre really talented in scratchbuilding. I really like the pictures, cause they show clearly how you get started that. Where do you have blueprints and/or original pictures from? Looking forward to more!

Regards

Lucas.

Donnerstag, 13. September 2012, 15:52

Hello Lucas, :wink:

Thank you for looking into my project.

The research for bunkers is very limited, but thanks to the ever growing groups and individual persons who dedicte thier time searching for bunkers and batteries along the Atlantic wall; new we have a very good idea of what in reality, existed. There is even the Bau Program, which gives a full detailed account of the structures built, or what was planned to be constructed.

Some of the very good sites are set up by the dutch.

A very good site is www.bunkerfotos.nl

Of course there are varios others as well.
Cheers.

Mr. Azuma

unregistriert

Donnerstag, 13. September 2012, 16:13

Im not quite sure if that source has blueprints and or pictures of the Atlantikwall as well, but maybe the site

www.bundesarchiv.de

has useful information too?!

Lucas.

Freitag, 14. September 2012, 07:40

Hello Paul,
you do a very very great Job. This looks fantastic and i´m happy looking forward to see more Pictures from your bunker.

Freitag, 14. September 2012, 08:13

Hi Paul!

Awesome!!!

Never seen before such a work.

I am looking forward to see more!

Toto

Kleiner Maßstab. Große Leidenschaft

Werbung