Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Plastik: Scharnhorst

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Das Wettringer Modellbauforum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Mittwoch, 5. September 2012, 12:50

Scharnhorst

Good afternoon, :)

My name is Paul and live in Malta. At the moment I am building a 1:72 scale model of the Scharnhorst, which measures 326cm (3260mm) and is fully scratchbuilt in cardboard. All the detailing is being done with multi mediums like styrere sheets and strips, aluminium, copper, brass, pvc and resin cast rivets and bolt heads.

I would like to share my experience with you on this forum, but I d not understand German. I would be very grateful If anybody would mail me the instructions in English language as how to upload the photos and how to include my profile and signiture.

Cheers.

Paul
Cheers.

Paul. :ahoi:

NEVER RETREAT - NEVER SURRENDER
JUST DO IT YOUR WAY AND NEVER LOOK BACK

Hypopyon

unregistriert

Mittwoch, 5. September 2012, 13:34

Hey Paul,

a warm and happy welcome to the forum.

A cardboard model with OVER 3 m???????? Holy sh.....! I hope we will get to see it. Unfortunately i am at work at the moment and time is too short to translate the picture upload procedures for you. But if not someone else already did i will surely do that later this evening. I am soooo curious to see ur model.

Regards Harry

Mittwoch, 5. September 2012, 13:45

Hello Paul, nice to meet you here at our crazy world of Wettringer, where madness roams. I think you are completely right here :-)

All the best, looking forward, Daniel
... keine Angst, der will doch nur spielen ...

Feinste Ätzteile für HMS Victory 1:100
http://www.dafinismus.de

Mittwoch, 5. September 2012, 13:46

Scharnhorst

Hello Harry, :)

Many thanks for your quick reply, I will await your instructions.

Yes - the ship is over 3mtrs long and the hull is constructed from 1mm thick cardboard x 6 layers. I started off with the project 20 years ago, but had to stop to dedicate my time building my house. A year ago I started off again and am dedicating 1 to 2 hrs per day. I am planning to finish this ship by 2015, as I have to start working on the 1:72 scale Aircraft Graf Zeppelin, which shall measure 3.64mtrs (3649mm).

I hope that you will like my project.

Cheers.

Paul.
Cheers.

Mittwoch, 5. September 2012, 13:49

Scharnhorst

Hallo Daniel, :)

Thanks for the warm welcome, looking forward to start posting the pics.

Cheers.

Paul.
Cheers.

Hypopyon

unregistriert

Mittwoch, 5. September 2012, 17:30

Hey Paul, Harry again.

I am still at work but things became more quiet here so i have some time now to try to describe how to upload pictures here into the Forum. I`ll try to make some screenshots.

1.) In the composition window your typing your post you can find a card named: "Dateinanhaenge" which means "Attachments". Its below your typing area. You have to open this.

2.) Press the button: "Datei auswaehlen" which means: "Choose FIle". The file manager of your computer will open and you can select the picture you want to upload. The allowed file size is 74 KB and 800x600 width. Larger pictures won`t be accepted. Then you press the button "Hochladen" which means "upload". The picture will be uploaded to the Forum server.

3.) After you uploaded your picture you will see a list with a little picture symbol and the filename of your uploaded file behind it.

4.) In your written text you place the cursor at the place where you want to place your photo. Then you press the little "paper-sheet-symbol" on the right side of the line behind the filename. The software will attach a HTML command automatically wich inserts your picture at your cursor position.

5.) Before you send your post you can press "Vorschau" to see a preview if everything went right. Your posts will be editable for some days, but I don`t know exactly for how long. After that only a Mod can change them.

I hope you can follow that instructions and will upload many pictures of your build for us. Have a nice evening.

Regards

Harry

Realname: Ulrich Rengers

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 5. September 2012, 18:01

Hey! Wellcome! Hope to see some pictures of your battleship! I´ve build once a time the sister ship Gneisenau! It´s a very nice Modell!

I hope you have fun to Build your ship! :ahoi:
Über die Trümmer geht es weiter! - Gilt auch beim Modellbau!

Mittwoch, 5. September 2012, 18:42

hi paul,
here comes another warm welcome. as daniel already mentionend, this is the place where madness roams......and your project really sounds like madness galore.
so the sooner we can see any pix, the better! if you read between the lines.....we are hot! or at least I AM!!!!!!!!!
regards and stuff
roland

Mittwoch, 5. September 2012, 22:00

Scharnhorst

Good evening to all of you friends, :)

I have just arrived home as every Wednesday evening it's modelling club night. I am a committee member of IPMS Malta. I keep all the pre-sized and formated pictures at the office. Hopefully tomorrow morning, I will be at the office by 7.30am and will try experimenting to see how to upload the pictures. I have some 300 pictures to upload, so I will post them in various posts.

Will keep in touch tomorrow.

Cheers

Paul.
Cheers.

Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 07:49

Scharnhorst

Good morning, :)

Today I am uploading some pictures of the Scharnhorst, hope I do it correctly.

Cheers.

Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 07:51

OK Paul,

that is mad enough to be approved by the board :-)

All the best and always a pleasure to see your work !!!

XXXDAn
... keine Angst, der will doch nur spielen ...

Feinste Ätzteile für HMS Victory 1:100
http://www.dafinismus.de

Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 07:56

Scharnhorst

Hurrah - I did it - I managed to upload the first set. :baeh: :lol: :D

The first few pictures show the start of the hull so years ago and the picture which show the hull ready were taken recently, whe I decided to continue with the project. :schrei:

I am uploading the second set of pictures. :ahoi:

Cheers

Paul.

Cheers.

Hypopyon

unregistriert

Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 08:03

OH MY GOD! This ship is amazing. I would say with this ship the navy of Malta can feel safe! ;-)
Keep up this work. This ship HAS TO BE COMPLETED!!

WIth deep respect,

Harry

Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 08:05

Scharnhorst.

Hello all, :)

I have enough time to post another set of pictures, regarding the supersturcture.

Here it goes.

Cheers.

Paul.

Cheers.

Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 08:11

Scharnhorst

The second part of the front superstructure. :)

Cheers.

Paul.
Cheers.

Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 08:12

Hy Paul,

also a warm welcome and congratulation for upload your 1st, 2nd and 3rd picture set sucsessfully . Thats awesome what do you create. What a big ship!! 8o I stay tuned and I´m excited how it goes on.

It´s a pleasure to see your work.

By say´s an amazed
:wink:
Florian

Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 08:17

Scharnhorst

The third part of the front superstructure, :)

I will upload more pictures during lunch time, as now I have to go on site, to see a fire pump which is giving us problems.

Cheers.

Paul.
Cheers.

Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 09:16

That project is taking the meaning of "awesome" to a whole new level. Amazing work... and all of it completely done from scratch. Inspiring. I'll be watching this thread closely.

One more thing, though, regarding your pictures - when you've uploaded them (in the "Dateianhänge" tab), you might want to insert them to your posting.
This is done by clicking the white icon (the sheet of paper-thingy) next to the "Delete" symbol. After clicking said symbol, you will then see something like

Quellcode

[attach]65382[/attach]
in your posting - that means your photo has been inserted successfully. This will, for example, eliminate these strong white borders around your images.

Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 11:02

paul, this is absolutely STUNNING!
cheers roland

Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 11:52

Scharnhorst

Hello My friends, :wink:

Thank you all for your kind interest and encouraging comments.

I have some limitd free time, so I am posting more picrures.

I will try to follow your instructions Dr. Hobo.

The pictures posted are relate the construction work on the main gun turrets and the secondary gun turrets. The turret themselves are made from cardbard, while all the gun barrels are totally made from scratch. The gun barrels are made from solid aluminium bars, and were turned on my lathe.

Cheers.

Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 11:58

Scharnhorst

A picture of the barbettes for the main turrets.

I think I did it right this time.

Thanks for the tips.
Cheers.

Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 12:05

Scharnhorst

I am now posting the pictures showing the construction work on the secondary turrets and the 150mm guns.

Cheers.

Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 12:19

Scharnhorst

The second part of the secondary turrets. 8)

I still have the whit border along with the pictures, will try to get rid of it.

Cheers.

Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 12:54

:ok: It's amazing!

hms

Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 13:46

Hello again my friends, :)

I found some time to post some more pictures, related to the mid ship superstructure.

This is the first part.

Cheers.

Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 14:08

Scharnhorst

This is the second part of the midship super structure. :)

Tomorrow, I shall post more progress pictures, related to the aftersturcture and the rest of the ship to the present day progress.

As you can now see, I have finally posted the pictures in the right manner,
Cheers.

Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 18:18

Hello Paul :wink:

Welcome on Bo(a)rd :hand: . What a great thing :sabber: and your work looks really excellent :ok: :ok: :ok: , well done my Friend, well done.

Regards
Sergio
In der Werft : Revenge 1577
Fertig : Avalon

Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 18:44

Scharnhorst

Good evening Sergio, :wink:

Thanks a lot for looking into my thread, and for the kind comments.
I shall be posting more pics tomorrow.
Cheers.

Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 20:01

Dear Paul! :wink:
It's nice to have you in our forum. I wish you much pleasure and a good teamwork (be sure!) :ok:
Steelbattleships are not my special kind of interest (honestly...) but I will follow your very interesting project!

Regards

Chris :ahoi:
"Go and tell Lord Grenville that the tide is on the turn. It's time to haul the anchor up and leave the land astern. We'll be gone before the dawn returns. Like voices on the wind..." (A. S.)

"Mayflower"

"La Santissima Madre"

Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 20:28

Scharnhorst

Good evening Chris, :wink:

Thanks for your kind interest. I see that you are very fond of sailing ships. My favorite is the Wasa. I have the Billing Boats kit, but it is there on the shelf for the time being. I have to visit the Wasa Museum first, buy some good books and obtain the internal details, as I would like to detail all the internal of the ship.
But first I have to finish the Scharnhorst.
Cheers.

Werbung