Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Das Wettringer Modellbauforum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Freitag, 13. Februar 2009, 03:11

1/24 Bundeswehr Sanitatstruppe G Wagons

Hi Folks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Another Double Header, this time for the "Die Bundeswehr" Campaign Build

Truly a double header

Only kidding,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I have two of these kits and both are not now sitting on the get round to it pile.

One will be the van

The other the box van

https://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc22…ce_Box-Type.gif

Bild in Link umgewandelt, da nicht in 640x480 Pixel. CarandTruck-Fan

Drawing photocopied to scale helps so much

The first cut is the deepest ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Baby I know ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, The first cut is the deepest !!

End of evening's work

Anyone fancy a 6x6 G Wagon Limo?

Off to a good start on the campaign trail.

Any advise or detailing tips greatly appreciated.

Nige
:prost: :tanz: :prost:

Sonntag, 15. Februar 2009, 15:40

RE: 1/24 Bundeswehr Sanitatstruppe G Wagons

The van body is still playing second fiddle to the box body for now.

Set to work on the chassis, steering and axles. I am really impressed by the simple, snug and secure fitting that make up the steering components. All very precise and a dream to put together with minimum of glue needed.

I will need to set out supports for the front of the box

Since the cab is quite small I thought I would also open it up and try my hand at adding interior detais like the door frames, 'A' pillars, interior cills and the like.

I only have a couple of interior pics to go by so I still have to hunt around on the web for more to add

Any pics of the cills and rear of the driver's compartment would be greatly appreciated.

Nige

Montag, 16. Februar 2009, 14:01

Hi folks

Hi Paul

I hope someone can help me as I have hit a minor snag.

I have realised that the drawings I have must be a slightly different (possibly older) version of the Kofferaufbau (Box Body) van type and on looking at the reference Marco and Frenchy gave me it gives different overall dimensions for the vehicle than the ones on the drawings.

This is the type I want to build.

https://www.armyrecognition.com/europe/H…ce_Dutch_01.jpg

My main problem is just the dimensions of the box in the photos. If I can get that right I can work around the rest. I tried to do some proportions from the pictures I have but the different picture angles and views are throwing me a lot so no two dimensions seem to work out.

Or maybe I am just thick

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE BASIC DIMENSIONS Has anybody got one of these sitting outside their back door?

Hope you can help

Nige

Dienstag, 17. Februar 2009, 02:44

Waiting for some info on chassis length for the box body which hopefully will come tomorrow. Meanwhile had a chance to work on the van body for a change.

Chassis length and body are the same as the kit so only needed cutting of the rear pillars

filling the rear door panel lines with Revell Plasto

The two cabs

Blanking off the windows makes it the van body

Nige

Mittwoch, 18. Februar 2009, 22:43

Yee haa

Thanks to Marco on Armorama and a certain Dr Sun of Zeppelin Gmbh I now have the detailed dimensions for the build complete down the damned chassis dimensions !

I say damned cause I was daft enough to go by by first gut instinct and change Its wheelbase from 285 cm to 312 cm and did such a good job on the glue.

Yes that is real blood and the offending weapon trying to prise out the plastic insert in the chassis

So now I really do have real blood on my meat wagon. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, realistic or what ?????

Blood sweat and tears and all I have to show for tonight is the new chassi length.

But at least I know it is now correct length.

Thanks Marco and Dr Sun

Donnerstag, 19. Februar 2009, 22:06

I had a chance to cut some plastic last night and now have the basic box

All held together with blu tac just to check proportions.

I am quite pleased the proportions of the kit and box match

Internal wheelarches formed still to be filled and smoothed off

Nige

Sonntag, 22. Februar 2009, 23:42

Hi there

Got round to cutting the windows tonight

There seems to be capabilty to vary the design of the ambulance slightly including spare wheel location as on here

or located on the roof

And load out inside like this in the newer layout

or like this in the older version

Nige

Donnerstag, 26. Februar 2009, 00:41

Hi there

Got around to making up the second, van bodied chassis and this time built without a cut and shut. Oh the joy of not mixing up the length on this one.

Comparison of chassis length

How the two look tonight

The white minibus at the back is also a Mercedes and is for a further conversion project to another ambulance. The body comes from a kids toy but should be easily shaped into the van body

https://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc22…vant_gauche.jpg
edit Wettringer:
Bild in Link umgewandelt, weil größer als 640x480

Nige

Sonntag, 1. März 2009, 02:27

Hi folks

Worked on the gurny or stretcher support frame for the van body.

Two channels made from folded tin foil carry out trays which gives a really nice scale thickness to the frame.

Supplemented the frame with additional I section and z section plastruct to form a resemblance of the support structure

Also used stretched sprue and wire to resemble the various parts that I understand must lock the gurny into place for transit.

Also made up a tray that sits under the frame made out of tin foil again scored and folded

I have added the bars that I would think control the locking and unlocking of the gurny that will role on castors in the u channels.

I am quite pleased with how the frame sits over the wheel arch

Hope you like

Nige

Sonntag, 1. März 2009, 07:17

:respekt: :dafür:

Hallo, sehr tolles Projekt! Freu mich auf mehr!

Sonntag, 1. März 2009, 17:08

Hi folks

Made the loading ramp for the stretcher cradle. Used a sandwich of thin plasticard and tin foil and rapped the hinge in the tin foil.

Hubra

Realname: Michael

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 1. März 2009, 17:21

Hi Nige.

Die Krankentrage macht ja gute Fortschritte,
die sieht schon sehr gut aus. :ok:
in mal auf den Rest gespannt. :)

Gruß Michael. :wink:

Sonntag, 1. März 2009, 19:27

Had time to make up the support frame for the heart and breathing monitor (I think)

Made the frame from tin foil again using my own form of hold and fold equipment

I have made it so I can glue it to the rear bench seat cussion for placing in the vehicle after painting

As it looks now

Nige

Sonntag, 1. März 2009, 22:27

:prost: Kai and Michael :prost:

Thanks for all the encouragement,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, greatly appreciated as always.

Montag, 2. März 2009, 20:29

Don't ya just hate coming across another photo that shows a better angle just after you have finished an area of construction !!!!!!!!!!

Damn

https://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc22…t-IMGP1066i.jpg
edit Wettringer:
Bild in Link umgewandelt, weil größer als 640x480!

Will need to adjust the length of the bench seat, floor and tray under the cradle (shorter) and change the support at the front end of the cradle.

I am in two minds about starting again on the cradle as the various stops and levers that hold the gurny on the cradle are a lot more visible on this picture.

What do you reckon?

Nige

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »okdoky« (2. März 2009, 20:30)

Dienstag, 3. März 2009, 06:07

I am glad I had to redo the cradle.

I figured out a different way to make the supports that also mimicks the rail system that will allow the cradle to slide accross from the side to the middle and back for loading and unloading of the stretcher or gurny.

Used the tin foil again and formed a u channel around the I section plastic which became the new cross members of the cradle.

Everything came apart easily so no real waste and parts were easily adjusted. I took the oportunity to thin some of the items down and to change the arrrangement of the front and rear supports.

Cradle in the travelling position

And in the load / unload position

Am really chuffed with having made mistake for a change as I would not have changed my construction

Happy bunny again

Sonntag, 8. März 2009, 23:01

Hi Nige,

the two builds look great, the way you build seems very accurate and fancy.

The moveable cradle is a spectacular highlight! :ok:

Keep the updates coming and greetz to scotland :wink:
Greetz Alex :wink:

Im Bau: Meine ewige Baustelle ;o) und viele, viele mehr :D

MBG Vellmar e.V.
Mein Blog

Sonntag, 8. März 2009, 23:59

Hi Alex

Thanks for the support,,,,,,,, appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!!

I am looking in on your Unimog build too which is really impressive. I can't get over how neat you guys manage to keep your builds with no sign of excessive glues and rough edges.

Mine always suffer from parts that just don't want to stay where I put them :motz: and then end up with blobs of glue dotted all over.

It's a good job there will only be the rear door on this cause I can hide a lot :lol:

Did a little bit of corrections and small addition

Revamped the heart monitor support frame and added a strap and buckle all from tin foil

Also aded a couple of tie down straps for some equipment (possibly a folding stretcher) on the side of the rear bench seat. Maybe someone in the Medical Corps can tell me what gets held here normally.

Nige

Dienstag, 10. März 2009, 00:05

I thought the gutters around the van are too obvious for them to be ignored especially as there has to be a roofrack fitted with clamps.

How the kit gutters are represented by very basic raised area

I decided to add new gutters from the tin foil again

First the long sections

Linked around the back

Down the windscreen frame

I also found a textured plastic from stationary store folders to use as headlining in the van and cab.

I am hoping the texture will still show through when the ceiling colour is painted on it.

Nige

Hubra

Realname: Michael

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 10. März 2009, 00:37

Hallo Nige.

Schön das es bei dir weiter geht. :ok:
Du benutzt genau wie ich auch Metal als Material.
Bei mir ist leider eine Pause eingetreten da ich einige PC Probleme lösen muß. :pc:

Gruß Michael. :wink:

Dienstag, 10. März 2009, 23:37

Hi there

Does anyone know if the roof gutters on the cab of the box bodied ambulance extend around the rear of the shortenened cab or if they end at the rear edge of the cab sides :-?

Just about to add these gutters but have no close up pics of the roof and behind the cab.

Thanks folks

Dienstag, 10. März 2009, 23:45

Hi Nige,

I hope, this site will help you:

https://www.panzer-modell.de/referenz/in…lf_san/wolf.htm

Especially this picture, from this angle it seems that they don´t extend around the rear of the cabin:

https://www.panzer-modell.de/referenz/in…lf_san/n03g.jpg

MBG Vellmar e.V.
Mein Blog

Mittwoch, 11. März 2009, 00:11

Hi there

Thanks for that pic,,,,,,,,,,,,, great help !!!!!!!!!!!

Also makes it easier for me as I was trying to think how the gutter might have connected around the rear of the cab. Since no gutter there ,,,,,,,,,,, one less problem :tanz:

That angle also shows up the roof rack supports well too.

Greatly appreciated. I owe you one

:prost: Nige :prost:

Mittwoch, 11. März 2009, 00:24

Zitat

Original von okdoky
Hi there

Thanks for that pic,,,,,,,,,,,,, great help !!!!!!!!!!!

Also makes it easier for me as I was trying to think how the gutter might have connected around the rear of the cab. Since no gutter there ,,,,,,,,,,, one less problem :tanz:

That angle also shows up the roof rack supports well too.

Greatly appreciated. I owe you one

No Problem, you´re welcome ;)

MBG Vellmar e.V.
Mein Blog

Sonntag, 15. März 2009, 04:15

Decided that since the bits are the same and the painting process might be easier if done together, I thought I would make the start on the third G wagon

Started life as the long wheel base Rally MB 230 G Paris Dakar

And is going to become one of these

I wimped out of doing a soft top short G as I am not sure if I would get the interior right but if anyone has another of these Revell or Italeri kits going cheep I might just pursuade myself to give one a try after these

The cut and shut process is fairly basic with nice straight cills to get good measurements on and easy to lay off the right angles from to do the cuts

Too late to turn back (either another nice model or more scrap plastic now)

And after the cut this should be the shut

Option two would be to do a soft top but that will be another time I think

Nige

Realname: Pascal

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 15. März 2009, 06:15

Hello Nige,

first of all. Your ambulance looks great. Keep up the good work.
For second i have a question:

The white body in the back of this foto:

https://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc22…mparison003.jpg

could you tell me from witch brand this is? And possibly where i can get those?

I want to build a fire truck out of it.

With kind regards,
Pascal

Sonntag, 15. März 2009, 07:58

Hi Pascal

I am really sorry but I don't know what the maker's name is of this plastic toy.

The body shell is clearly of Mercedes styling but as you can see it has no three point star on the radiator grill and means it is likely to have been unlicensed with Mercedes.

It is a basic friction (flywheel) push and go toy that I saw and could not resist buying a long time ago just for the very purpose of converting it to something better.

It has sat in my pile of stuff too long and I no longer have any of the packaging. I would think that it was likely to have been made in an eastern country like China as the moulding detail is very limited and "toy like".

I eventually want it to look like either

or

Sorry I have no other info Pascal. Maybe look under E-bay friction powered or push and go toys.

Regards from Scotland

Montag, 16. März 2009, 22:00

Wow Nige - three in a row, I think this would finally be the point where I would spend more time not to swap the parts than spend time on building the kits :abhau:.

Start on the third one looks good - for my share I would rather build the hardtop version than the soft top.

MBG Vellmar e.V.
Mein Blog

Montag, 16. März 2009, 23:24

Hi Alex

Yep I know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I gotta finish the models before our Model Show in Perth April 25 and 26th so I need to knuckle under.

The short wheelbase will get the single colour I used on the VW Bus and should be a simple enough finish before the show. I am sticking with the hardbody as this is the easy option and needs very little more than smoothing off the bodywork where cut and shuts were made.

I am still hoping for more info on the Kauferbau interior as it is slightly more modern than the photos I have.

I was hoping to get more info on both the ambulances in use to add a bit of operational equipment as well as the basic frames but not been lucky yet.

The short wheel base will keep me going for another week then I will concentrate on the others going with what info I have.

Montag, 23. März 2009, 01:05

A wee update on tonights work

Short wheel base hard top

Long wheel base hard top

Longer wheel base

All three

Made a start on the interior of the box body

Am going by this layout as best I can

Nige

Werbung