Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Das Wettringer Modellbauforum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Montag, 12. Mai 2008, 10:53

A.I.T.M. Mack DM600 Steel Hood

this is one of 3 wips' on my bench at the moment

the donor kit came in a box of built up models/parts i bought off www.trademe.co.nz for $30nzd

it contained a pete 352 coe,mack dm600,pete 359 little window,kw w900/925?(torsion bar version),mack ac,gravel trailer chassis,la france ladder/aerial chassis,great dane/Fruehauf chassis plus various other bits & pieces.
most of the trucks are complete,just the odd bit here and there that can easily be replaced from the spares box

there is quite a difference in the cab size of the resin & plastic cabs & also the roof profile of the resin one....i don't know which is the more accurate one???

so far i have the chassis stripped & ready to re-assemble and paint

colour scheme is:
chassis: chocolate brown(humbrol number 10-service brown)
wheels: orange (humbrol number 18-orange!)
cab: white (auto spay can)

decals are from the 2nd release of the Mack R (hence the paint colours)
So Many Models,So Many Ideas,So Little Time,So Little Money!

Donnerstag, 2. Oktober 2008, 08:01

well i have finally made some progress on this

i have got the chassis & suspension put back together and the first coat of paint on it

engine is back together & also and ready to paint (not sure if it is going to fit fully assembled under the hood? i may have to leave some parts off!)

i have thinned out the hood sides & front inside so that hopefully the engine/radiator will fit ok

will now start on the cab/interior

Donnerstag, 2. Oktober 2008, 11:50

RE: A.I.T.M. Mack DM600 Steel Hood

Hello Liam.I think that the smaller cabin is the right one,just like i saw it in the movie CONVOY so many times.The chassis and the whells look very nice.Happy modelling. :ok: :smilie:
Rock Hard Ride Free!

Sonntag, 14. Dezember 2008, 10:13

RE: A.I.T.M. Mack DM600 Steel Hood

hi veryone :wink:
firstly may i wish everyone a merry christmas :prost:

now on to the progress report!

i opened up the steps in the front bumper

finished painting the chassis and mounted a pogo stick for the air/electrical lines
i managed to fit the engine & radiator in with a little bit of surgery :lol:

i also opened the grille,looks better than it being painted dark to look like it is open

i painted the cab with auto spray paints and detailed the interior with humbrol paints
masked off for the window rubber

i was really angry because the decals i had planned to use just wouldn't go
no matter how many different ways i tried to get them to fit they wouldn't
so i have modified the paint scheme,it will be similar to the pic below,only the bonnet will be orange though(this was the original inspiration for the colours anyway,just varied a little with a white cab!)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mullett471« (14. Dezember 2008, 10:20)

Sonntag, 14. Dezember 2008, 17:17

Hi Liam

Your model is looking good uptill now....keep on going.
Don't get mad on that decals though as Racing Champions ( AMT/Ertl ) never bothered to include a correct decalsheet to this kit ( and the reissue before this one in 2004 also ) and decided to include a 1/16 scale sheet! :verrückt: This one ofcourse will never fit.
One point about the cab however was that these early Mack cabs ( until 1973 I thought ) had a green interior.....the later interiors where brown.
The later cabs where like the AMT R-series kit and can be identified by the wrap-around dashboard, bulged rearwall ( to give more space incide the cab....the cab was actually 6 inches longer ) and the low airfilterintake.
But, this is still your model and you decide what colors it gets and it's looking very good :ok:

Regards,

Arjan

Sonntag, 14. Dezember 2008, 23:56

Zitat

Original von Arjan
Hi Liam

Don't get mad on that decals though as Racing Champions ( AMT/Ertl ) never bothered to include a correct decalsheet to this kit ( and the reissue before this one in 2004 also ) and decided to include a 1/16 scale sheet! :verrückt: This one ofcourse will never fit.
One point about the cab however was that these early Mack cabs ( until 1973 I thought ) had a green interior.....the later interiors where brown.
The later cabs where like the AMT R-series kit and can be identified by the wrap-around dashboard, bulged rearwall ( to give more space incide the cab....the cab was actually 6 inches longer ) and the low airfilterintake.
But, this is still your model and you decide what colors it gets and it's looking very good :ok:

Regards,

Arjan

Hi Arjan,
i think you are correct about the colour of the interior but i did not have any reference pictures in the green colour!

I may change it if i can find some.

The decals are from the 2nd release of the R series and are the correct scale(they were 1/16th in the green version & also the latest Stevens International/AMT release!)but they are meant for the R series rather than the DM steel hood.

Lastly,thank you for the kind comments on the model :ok:

Montag, 15. Dezember 2008, 05:49

A.I.T.M. Mack DM600 Steel Hood

Zitat

Original von mullett471

Zitat

Original von Arjan
Hi Liam

Regards,

Arjan

Hi Arjan,
i think you are correct about the colour of the interior but i did not have any reference pictures in the green colour!

I may change it if i can find some.

The decals are from the 2nd release of the R series and are the correct scale(they were 1/16th in the green version & also the latest Stevens International/AMT release!)but they are meant for the R series rather than the DM steel hood.

Lastly,thank you for the kind comments on the model :ok:

Arjan, I thought it was the other way around -- the AMT/ERTL kit is the older cab, and Dave's cab is the newer edition.

I guess the best way to find out is to contact Dave at AITM directly. The website is https://www.aitruckmodels.com/pages/kitsparts.html

Dienstag, 16. Dezember 2008, 01:38

No Bren.
DM cab is old cab....R series cab is new cab ( in kitform that is....in real life a DM with a new cab is possible if manufactured after '73/'74 or an R series with an old cab before that date )
Take a look at Italeri's Superliner....it has the same bulged rearwall just like AMT's R.

Regards,
Arjan

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Arjan« (16. Dezember 2008, 01:40)

Donnerstag, 1. Januar 2009, 07:18

FERTIG!

well,
after Arjans' comments i looked again on the internet for some pictures of the earlier DM/R model interior and managed to find some on Ebay Motors(U.S.)!

i often look there for reference pictures as they often show interior & engine pictures.

so here is the revised interior with period correct colours

the finished model is now in the build gallery :ok:

Werbung