Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Das Wettringer Modellbauforum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Montag, 10. März 2008, 22:36

YAMAHA RD-05 250 1966 Protar

Hello friends! I would like to participate at this forum with my bikes. I think that the type of people that are in this forum can appreciate those old models. But I have 2 problems:
1 I only can write in english
2 I can't post the photos because I have a foreign mail address.
Can you help me?
I only want to share my passion with us!
Regards, Luca.
Per aspera ad astra

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Luca« (11. März 2008, 10:00)

Dienstag, 11. März 2008, 08:58

RE: YAMAHA RD-05 250 1966 Protar

Hi Luca,

I would highly appreciate your contributions as I am always interested in Work-in-Progress reports of older motorcycles kits.
If you like, you could send me your pics and I will try to upload them.
Two points to watch:
- please size them down to the accepted format of max. 640 x 480 pixels.
- I cannot access my E-mails during the day. It might take until late evening before I'll be able to upload them.

English? Should be ok and I think, pictures are often self-explaining. I follow some WIPs on japanese websites and I can tell you, my japanese is very, very limited. ;)

Cheers,
Stefan
It's not a bug. It's a feature!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »scale-moped« (11. März 2008, 10:30)

Dienstag, 11. März 2008, 10:17

Thank you very much! I'm doing some experiments with the photos and now it seems working! Well, I start with my wip.
The bike is the fabulous Yamaha 4 by protar. It's the first version (1966) of the Yamaha RD-05 250 V4 2 stroke gp, used by Phil Raed, Mick (today Michelle) Duff and Bill Ivy. This first version is a 90º V engine and come with a Ceriani fork and a very big front brake. Today yhis bike do not exist. Only survive the RD-05A, the bike used in '67-'68 by Yamaha team. The engine is different and come with a renowed 70º V. The fork and the brakes are different too. Today Yamaha has 2 RD05-A: one in the Iwata museum and a replica that usually drive Read on the classic festivals, like Goodwood.
I will try to do the '66 version (exist an hybrid version too of 1965 with RD56 forks and a '68-'69 version with Manx forks used by Ivy in the lasts gp's when Yamaha retired his official support.). The kit come like the best Protar one, with 190 parts and a lot of details.
I hope to do a good work because the kit is very old, scarce and expensive. I hope too you will help me with this hard work.
Thank you very much, Luca.
I will start with some photos of the rd05-A to have an example of the bike dimensions and of the colour scheme.

and now the version I want to do: RD05 1966.
Per aspera ad astra

Dienstag, 11. März 2008, 10:19

Another view, without the petrol tank. We can see the frame line.
Per aspera ad astra

Dienstag, 11. März 2008, 10:20

the other side.
Per aspera ad astra

Dienstag, 11. März 2008, 10:21

Does anyone have some photos?? :nixweis:
Per aspera ad astra

Dienstag, 11. März 2008, 10:24

I will start with the clutch. I have to re-construct the part because the original one don't have some details.

Per aspera ad astra

Dienstag, 11. März 2008, 10:29

And now the wheels. I will substitute the spokes with new 0,4 wire ones. It's quite difficult because the spokes are very littles (the brake is enormous).

I have construct with the plasticard a new interior part of the brake. The original one was very simple. There are 7 sheets of plastics glued and painted in metallic grey.

Per aspera ad astra

Dienstag, 11. März 2008, 10:30

And now the brakes and the front wheel completed.

Per aspera ad astra

Dienstag, 11. März 2008, 10:41

another one with a part of the fork mounted.

Per aspera ad astra

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Luca« (11. März 2008, 11:09)

keramh

Realname: Marek H.

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 11. März 2008, 19:52

moin,
wunderschöne Bilder, schöner Baubericht.
Bitte achte auf die maximale Bildergröße 640x480 ansonsten müssen wir die Bilder leider entfernen.

beautiful pictures, beautiful building report.
Please pay attention to the maximum picture fig. 640x480 otherwise must we the pictures unfortunately remove.

Dienstag, 11. März 2008, 22:09

ok! Don't worry. I will post only 640x480 photos.
Luca.
Per aspera ad astra

keramh

Realname: Marek H.

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 11. März 2008, 23:26

:ok: Auch User mit langsammen Verbindungen und kleinen Bildschirmen werden Dir dankbar sein :ok:

:ok:Also you will be grateful to user with small connections and small screens :ok:

Mittwoch, 12. März 2008, 07:30

Hello Luca,
very nice work so far!

:tanz:

Rivera

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 12. März 2008, 14:45

Hallo Luca,

you are making a good job :ok:
Salve Sunny
Nec scire fas est omnia
-------------------------------

Mittwoch, 12. März 2008, 15:40

Thank you! Now I'm painting the fairings. It's a little difficult because of the painting scheme in 2 colours. The decals are a problem because there are very old and they don't fix to the plastic... :nixweis:
I'm studing the engine too and I don't understand a thing:
the protar come without a group of tubes that in the original photos are present. It's like a lubrucation system for the bearings and the crankshafts, but I have no info about this. I know perfectly the technics of the 2 stroke engines (I have a RD350 YPVS) but it's the first time that I see such a mechanism. Can anyone help me??

Here an example of the V70º rd05-A engine. The 90º come with the same config.
Per aspera ad astra

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 12. März 2008, 16:40

Hallo Luca,

Protar and other kitbilders often dont bild all parts, thats normal for them.
Salve Sunny
Nec scire fas est omnia

Mittwoch, 12. März 2008, 16:43

Ok Sunny. Now I want to construct this part but, after all, I would like to know what I'm doing. I think that if I understand the function of a part I can construct a more realistic one.
Luca
Per aspera ad astra

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 12. März 2008, 17:01

Hallo Luca,

sorry, I cant help you, I never hat a bike, I only can build from pictures. I think, Rivera can help you.
Salve Sunny
Nec scire fas est omnia

Dienstag, 18. März 2008, 16:03

Hello friends! I continue with my Yamaha 4. I heve rebuild the front fork with a tv antenna and I have tapered the fork with aluminium.
I have rebuild the levers (brake and clutch) and the support. The 2 fork seals are new too. i heve added all the screws and rivets (see the mudguards).
Luca.

Per aspera ad astra

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 18. März 2008, 17:13

Hallo Luca,

I like your work :ok: :ok: :ok:
Salve Sunny
Nec scire fas est omnia

Dienstag, 18. März 2008, 17:21

Thank you Sunny! I like your work too. It's very clean. I would like to put a Cosmo's chain kit on this bike. Do you have one of this kits?
Luca.
p.d. I have realized in this days a mz. Do you have seen it into the italian forum? :pc:
Per aspera ad astra

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 18. März 2008, 17:29

Zitat

Original von Luca
Thank you Sunny! I like your work too. It's very clean. I would like to put a Cosmo's chain kit on this bike. Do you have one of this kits?

Hallo Luca,

I have a set but I did not built it till now.

Zitat

Original von Luca
p.d. I have realized in this days a mz. Do you have seen it into the italian forum? :pc:

Of course I have seen it, also a good job :ok: :ok:
Salve Sunny
Nec scire fas est omnia

Dienstag, 18. März 2008, 17:57

Thank you. Have you had problems with the payment and the shipping? I would like to buy one but without paypal I am a little preoccupated... Anyway Cosmo produces a lot of interesting articles.
One more question: where do you buy the screws?
Per aspera ad astra

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 18. März 2008, 18:13

Zitat

Original von Luca
Thank you. Have you had problems with the payment and the shipping?

Hallo Luca,

yes, I had problems.

In the cosmosshop did not work my Visacard, paypal they dont have and I must send cashmoney, they told me that 1 letter arrived but the other one not, that was my risc.

Zitat

Original von Luca
One more question: where do you buy the screws?

Which screws ?
Salve Sunny
Nec scire fas est omnia

Dienstag, 18. März 2008, 18:45

It's a risk. If you want to buy some material...the risk maybe it's a little high...
I'm referring to the screws (hexagonal head) that you use to detail yuor bikes. I'm using "model hardware" ones but are a little expensive (13€ 25 screws...)
Per aspera ad astra

Dienstag, 18. März 2008, 19:52

Hi Luca,
it is a cool idea to use TV antennas for fork tubes.
I guess they come in more diameters than average aluminium tubing
and are already polished or chromed.
For my Ducati 750 S I was in need for a 3.5mm tubing. I ended up with
a plastic rod covered in aluminium foil. The best I could find so far.

Tomorrow I will have a look at our local recycling yard for antennas..

Great work so far!
Keep on building!! :ok: :ok:

BTW: I can´t help you with the small lines on the engine- no idea!
Rivera

Dienstag, 18. März 2008, 22:47

Hello friends!
The antennas come in 3,6-4 mm diameter, so you have to machine a little the triple clamp. There are a lot of diameter, and 3,6 is fix (3,6x9= 32,4).
I have a 750S too, but now i will wait for your wip!
The tubing in the engine is definitive a system of lubrication. This bike come with a mixer, and the system is like the one of the lastest Suzuki rgv gamma 250.
Thank you! This buke is a "must have" kit!
Luca.
Per aspera ad astra

Montag, 21. April 2008, 20:36

Hello! After a long time... here I am. I have worked a lot on this bike, the wiring is a little difficult. Now the bike has the aspect but I have to work a lot to finish the model. Now the left part is quite complete.

In this day will arrive the other photos...
Luca.
Per aspera ad astra

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Luca« (21. April 2008, 20:38)

Montag, 21. April 2008, 21:07

Hello Luca!
Great work so far! :ok:

The engine looks funny with the big engine block
and the small cylinders. I have an old built model of this
bike and plan to restore it sometimes.

The wiring is really difficult! :idee:

Rivera

Werbung