Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Das Wettringer Modellbauforum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

• »tiking« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Realname: Charles King

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 19. Juni 2012, 13:42

23-window VW bus vignette

Been working on this for the last 3 days now and this is what I put together. Hope you all approve. If you look closely you'll see some bird eggs inside the right side headlight. The wheel lugs or bolts are on the ground next to the tireless axle.

Some days later, I decided to take it one more step. So I cut of the area that represented the closed sky view canvas and replace it with 3 braces and worn out canvas. Then removed two seems I had forgotten to move at the back.

Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2012, 20:40

Hello Charles :wink:

Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2012, 14:50

Hejsan Charles!

Great Job! Respect! :ok:

Hälsning, Ernst
Phantasie ist wichtiger als Wissen, denn Wissen ist begrenzt. (Albert Einstein)

Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2012, 15:44

Hi Charles,

it looks simply perfect - the weathering of the car is just right - not to much or little. :ok:
The small plants in the foreground, the trees in the background and - last but not least - the log of wood as basis itself - awesome...

But one question I have:
How did you manage the rust effect?
Salt and hairspray?
Or iron color and rust producer?

I love your Diorama! :thumbsup:

best regards
Thomas
Ab jetzt mit eigenem Blog - Besuch auf eigene Gefahr :pc:

zu meinem Blog

Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2012, 16:20

Sad. Truly sad. Why is almost every VW bus model a decrepit, dead piece of scrap metal? Why? WHY?

Just kidding :abhau: . Absolutely stunning work. I love the rust effect and the totally shredded canvas top.

Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2012, 17:34

...Why is almost every VW bus model a decrepit, dead piece of scrap metal? Why? WHY?...

I want a completly restored and perfect shiny bling bling car. Next time. OK? :hand:

Well done, nice job for this one.

Greets. Dani

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2012, 20:32

Hi Charles,

it looks simply perfect - the weathering of the car is just right - not to much or little. :ok:
The small plants in the foreground, the trees in the background and - last but not least - the log of wood as basis itself - awesome...

But one question I have:
How did you manage the rust effect?
Salt and hairspray?
Or iron color and rust producer?

I love your Diorama! :thumbsup:

best regards
Thomas

Thank you everyone. Appreciate you all visiting this thread. The hairspray salt method is one way to achieve this effect. I use several variations but the salt and hair spray is the one that everyone is familiar.

Some more updates. Sorry for the photos. The storage compartment door is closed halfway and the back right lights(broken are in place. Also toned down the rust on the on the right side a little.

Realname: Christopher

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 22. Juni 2012, 05:54

Hey
Perfekt Job.
Mfg Chri
Modellbaumotto: "Egal wanns fertig wird, wichtig ist das es schön wird" ;)

Eine Übersicht meiner Baustellen gibts hier: Profil von »chri«

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 22. Juni 2012, 14:59

Glad you liked it. Thank you for looking.

Werbung