Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-20 von insgesamt 89.

Sonntag, 8. Juli 2012, 23:57

Forenbeitrag von: »okdoky«

1/24 Bedford TM 4x4 and Bedford TM 6x6 Scratchbuilds

A bit of faffing about trying to get the side wall banding and lettering. Had a couple of total disasters that had me sanding back a couple of times. Main problem was oversizing of the lettering. Here is where it is at now. Hand cut letters Dunno if I am happy yet though !!!!!!!! Not sure how much detail will be kept when the master is cast !!!!!!! Nige

Samstag, 7. Juli 2012, 02:42

Added some side wall banding to the tires !!!!!! Still got the inner side wall banding to do !!!!!!! Hunt for sprue off cuts as well tomorrow for letter and numbers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nige

Montag, 2. Juli 2012, 23:37

Well I got some progress on the tire and I am quite chuffed with my first attempt !!!!!!!!!! Is not perfect, but I am not a perfectionist by any stroke of the imagination !!!!!! I will chuck some lines on it for the side wall beading and cross banding. Will need to figure out how to add the lettering and tire sizing figures. I fancy buying some tiny etched brass numbers and letters but will see how the pennies go. Hope you like Nige

Montag, 2. Juli 2012, 19:33

Andreas I would really love to follow your build of that lovely truck with all its curves and detail !!!!!!!!!! A chap called Van Hatten on another forum I pot on has built several vehicles with very complicated curved cabs and his work is especially clever. If you want a link to his posts, please let me know as his work is inspirational !!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for the compliments and for looking in on the build. Nigel

Montag, 2. Juli 2012, 13:52

Uli and Daniel Thanks also fo looking in on the project. Appreciated !!!!!!! I will look over your alternative approach Daniel when I get home as the work PC will not let me access it here. Here is where I am at with the blank so far All the nubs are as good as this, but I am happy so far. Just another 32 to do for the inner side wall !!!!!!!!!!!!! Nige

Montag, 2. Juli 2012, 13:50

Zitat von »Looser« HI Nigel The next - project from you And if you will make you such work only with the tires, what will follow with the rest wfg Roland I hope my english was possible to understand Roland, your English is far better than I could achieve in German, even with PC translating for me. I gave up using translators as a few people have mentioned that they can be far more confusing than if I had not. I very appreciative of you folks for letting me post on here and putting up with the E...

Sonntag, 1. Juli 2012, 04:00

This is the Michelin XZL 395/85R20 It means the tyre is 395mm width outer side wall to inner side wall at its widest point. The aspect ration is 85% of the width = 335mm from hub rim to tread surface. R = Radial 20 = 20 inch diameter wheel or 500mm diameter. Will paste some superglue in the joints and then sand tomorrow !!!!!!!! Tread and side wall will get sanded down !!!!!!!! More tomorrow !!!!! Nige

Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2012, 23:43

Well this is Plan B started !!!!!!!!!!! And it does help if you have 32 nubs like the original, not 28 as I had miss-calculated on the blank before !!!!!!!!!!!! Measure twice, cut once (or drill,,,,,,,,,,,, or sand ,,,,,,,,,,,,,or whatever) !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 360 divided by 32 equals 11.25 degrees per nub !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Setting out by angle proved far more accurate than trying to set out with a compass around the circumference !!!!!!!!! Lesson learned !!!!!!! Using a black piece of sprue, I cut the ...

Dienstag, 19. Juni 2012, 03:32

Well Plan A did not work too well as the etching tool on the mini drill was too wide and too rough to etch clean, narrow troughs. I knew I had to try it out simply to know what the limitations of the etching tool are when doing such fine work !!!!!!!!!!! As I said though, this piece is very much a practice piece and I have been able to simply carve away the tread and reduce the diameter of the blank so that I can now try Plan B ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, adding the nubs to a flat strip in the right pattern ...

Sonntag, 17. Juni 2012, 20:16

I have been marking out the tread pattern on the tire blank and am waiting the kettle boiling for a cuppa before setting about engraving the pattern with either pyrograve, drill tools or a combination still to be decided !!!!!!!!!!! Here is where I got to so far !!!!!!!!!!!! Coffee, some shortbread and a break to get my head ready for carving !!!!!! Nige

Sonntag, 17. Juni 2012, 18:04

Hi folks I went into my photobucket account and reset the upload facility to 600x800 and then uploaded new copies of the pics. I then substituted the pics that were uploaded with the new versions. I am hoping that this has been effective in sorting the pics out on the thread. Hubra, can you get back to me if the pictures are still wrong? Thanks to all for looking in on the build. Nige

Sonntag, 17. Juni 2012, 05:25

Zitat von »Hubra« Hi Hubra My photos have been uploaded through Photobucket and I cannot see any tools on there to allow me to adjust the picture settings !!!!!!!!!!! Have you any idea as to how I go about resetting the picture sizes ???????? Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!!!!!!!! Sorry if the pics are not good !!!!!!!!!!! All the very best from sunny Scotland Nigel Hallo Nige. Die maximal erlaubte Bildergröße hier im Forum beträgt 800 x 800 Pixel. Bitte dieses kurzfristig zu ändern. ...

Samstag, 16. Juni 2012, 19:39

I wonder what is in the Box ??????? It is the Cab and parts for the Bedford TM that Howard Whitehead of Kit Form Services sold me a long while ago !!!!!!! From what I remember, Howard gave me his last copy and bits available from the run he did. Having wanted a model of this truck I got to drive in the TA to build, I was only too glad to get what I could from KFS knowing full well that any re-run of the kit might be a long time off, if ever at all. Howard gave me what he could at the time, and I...

Donnerstag, 7. Juni 2012, 19:58

ALVIS STALWART - HMLC (high mobility load carrier)

Hi Hatti You have really made a cracking diorama with this fantastic KFS kit !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you sent a few photos to Howard Whitehead at KFS for him to include on the KFS Gallery ??????????? I am sure he would be more than pleased with the result and want this included !!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic build and painting !!!!!!!!!!!! All the very best from Bonnie Scotland !!!!!!!! Nigel

Donnerstag, 31. Mai 2012, 23:59

The finished model

Here is the model finished. Sorry I did not get around to posting more in progress shots. Hope you like If you want to see the final touches, the full build is here https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8175 Nige

Freitag, 30. März 2012, 00:28

1/24 Scale DAF DROPS and King Trailer

[quote author=turtle link=topic=2000.msg27227#msg27227 date=1332854164] Nige, For your thick indicator/brake lenses have you considered using the 1:1 stuff !. Just go for a cruise through the local supermarket carpark on pension day - there's usually a few broken taillights from the old duffers playing dodgems :grin:. The 1:1 stuff is actually quite easy to cut, sand & polish with the bonus that it already has the transparent colouring (orange/red/clear). Anywho - thats Rogers handy tip for the ...

Sonntag, 25. März 2012, 23:15

Hi Daniel A few folk from other forums mentioned the roof straight off, so I bit the bullet and made a start at scraping the crap off ,,,,,,,,,,, ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!! It was a bit lumpier than I had hoped, so by popular request it is almost off !!!!!!!!!!! Took a break from it to let any thought processes get together on everybodies options put forward. That and to find some fine sand or flour !!!!!!!! After finding out my KFS kit came without front indicators ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...

Samstag, 24. März 2012, 17:57

Hi Daniel This is the effect it was trying to achieve but is a little bit rougher. Used revell filler smudged over the top, so not sure how easy it might be in getting an even sanding down including within the troughs. It is not perfect, but I am afraid the work to get it a little smoother far outweighs the efforts needed so close to Perth model show. I might have a go at the roof corrections at a later date if I don't get distracted by the Lightweight build. Thanks for looking in Nige

Samstag, 24. März 2012, 16:06

A cracking day outside and I had time to put a coat of paint on the wheels !!!!!!!!!!! Some pics with outdoor light to show off the paint !!!!!!!!!! Hope you like Nige

Dienstag, 13. März 2012, 03:07

Cocked up on inking the rubbers on the windscreen so had to give another coat of green. Realised I needed to add hooks to hang the anti glare screens over the windscreens Also the rubber seal and grab handle on the roof hatch Added some Revell filler to the roof and roughed it up for the anti slip coating to the roof Rear step at the cab lockers was missing Cab tilt lock can be seen but anti glare screen hooks still to be added to the rear windows The windscreen I was dreading trying to get a fi...

Werbung